Weak Point Training

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Weak Point Training

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kasmanasty

Hey Al,

My name is Matthew and I have been practicing progressive calisthenics for a couple years now. I have a question about weak point training and how you approach correcting it with calisthenics. Right now my left lat is a fair bit smaller than my right and with close attention, I can feel myself pulling more weight with my right when it comes down to the last couple reps of exercises such as pull ups or front levers.

With weight training, I could just throw in a couple more sets with a dumbbell on my left side, however I prefer calisthenics so I would like to stick with it. Do you have any suggestions, or in this case should I use weights till I’m where I want to be?

Matthew

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Good question, Matthew! You say that you “can feel myself pulling more weight with my right when it comes down to the last couple reps of exercises such as pull ups or front levers.”

I urge you to make a mental effort to try to recruit your left side harder when this happens.

You should also consider single limb movements like one arm push-ups (or incline one arm push-ups) as well as one legged squats and single arm pulling variants.

We’re Working Out!
    Al

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.