Toppling Back When Squatting

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Toppling Back When Squatting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dear Al Kavadlo and members,

I have purchased the Al-Kavadlo Raising the bar and Pushing the limits, and I am now having lots of strength gains.

Frankly, I am now able to do many pushups, 10 pullups (was a dream 2 months ago), inversion, almost in bridge for a short time.

The only problem I have is with Squats, I have been squatting under the bar for 6 months, I can squat 50 kg on my back. I learned a technique from Pavel’s books that to have a good form, I need to squat facing the wall, which I did.

Now, I can squat very deeply (full squat), even when I am facing the wall, but on one condition, that I hold even a very small weight with my hand. Even if the weight is close to my body. I can even squat with my legs close together all the way down when I have a very small weight with my hand.

I want to be able to squat without it. But I tend to topple back.

My question is, is my upper body that is larger than my lower body? Is is some kind of imbalances in strength? Flexibility issues? Why only with a very small weight can I squat so low without toppling back?

How do you think should I approach this problem and solve it?

Please inform me more on this, I need some insight.

Have a great day,

Issa Zananiri

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Thanks, Issa! Glad you’ve benefitted from my books!

As for squats, have you tried reaching your arms in front of you on the way down for counterbalance? Also, you may need to allow your ankles to flex a bit more to maintain your balance.

We’re Working Out!
    -Al

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.