Restructure

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Restructure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jtrat89

So I currently perform 90% strength workouts and 10% conditioning and cardio. I weigh 215 and am 13% bodyfat. I want to enlist into the coast guard but they say I need to get down to 150lbs first. I argued this saying I am in excellent shape and have a decently low bodyfat percentage but they need me to be 150 for initial enlistment and then I can get back to a good size. So I was wondering how I should restructure my training? I already have diet and cardio covered. I plan on adding in kettlebell swings for their metabolic effect. So how should I do my calisthenics? Should I go high rep circuits or timed intervals? Or something else? I’m at a loss. Thanks for the help

Jtrat89

Thanks Robby. Trust me I argued with them on this for like twenty minutes. I even went as far as telling them I could beat everyone in their office in any military physical fitness test. They won’t budge. I will do what I have to do. I think I should do interval training and work on increase work time and decreased rest time for now. Thanks for the input. I’ve cut my calories and I’m doin a lot of cardio. If I lose muscle then oh well. I can always put it back on again

Robby Taylor

Sounds like your best bet

http://m.military.com/join-armed-forces/coast-guard-weight-rules.html

So according to that you’re like 5’0 – 5’3? I’m guessing that frame size code is wrist circumference. It just doesn’t make sense unless you’re that short with really thin wrists, which would make it hugely surprising that you got as heavy as you are to begin with.

Aside from arguing with them more, or trying to lose the weight, you could try for another branch, dunno how much more lenient they’ll be though.

Jtrat89

I am that short lol I am 5’2. I put on that weight during my 8 years of powerlifting. I just kept going up in weight classes to get stronger. Now that I have stopped powerlifting I am left with a big semi lean physique. I may do another branch the Navy and Marines said I would be ok at around 180 as long as I had a low bodyfat percentage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.