Q about todays "Ask Al"

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Q about todays "Ask Al"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matt-J2

Hello everyone,

There was a question on today’s “Ask Al,” (#32) about working out multiple times a day to gain mass. In the answer, Al mentions that’s actually more useful for gaining strength. Since I am in weight loss mode and will be for at least a few more months, this is definitely something I’m looking for rather than gaining mass. I currently train full body, every other day (slightly modified Beginner routine from “Pushing the Limits”, after working up from not even being able to do the Novice level. picked up “Raising the Bar recently, trying to work those in as well!). I always feel like I have enough energy to work out that often. However, this takes me a little over an hour in the mornings to get done as I usually take about 2min rest between sets. In order to get this in, plus breakfast, hygiene and getting to work on time, I have to wake up at 4am.(evenings don’t work as well for me to get a full routine in either) I’ve been considering some sort of split routines, or dividing up the full routine during the same day in order to lessen the impact on my schedule. Is this really a feasible idea, or should I really wait until I get more advanced before trying a split of some sort? Not looking for specific routines, more a few details on how splits work and the pros/cons to each approach.

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Hey Matt – I think you may be over-thinking the situation. The “Grease The Groove” method (google it) of doing a few small workouts throughout the day can be helpful for gaining strength in certain specific movement patterns, however, it usually isn’t appropriate for beginners.

It sounds like what you’re doing is working, so stick with it until you feel that you’ve plateaued.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.