Pure Strength Training

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Pure Strength Training

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bearaab

Just a question with regards to gaining strength and no mass as I am currently a bit overweight and would prefer to be lighter (eating clean and healthy too). I’m trying to keep my workouts as simple as possible as I’m currently working long hours 6 days a week and keeping it simple is an encouragement to keep training for me. My question is am I keeping it too simple? I’m keeping in the low rep ranges of 3-5 reps for 3-5 sets and working on a pull up progression, a push up progression and a squat progression with some additional static leg work that Robby recommended to me in another recent post. For my upper body work I am doing stamdard pull ups and uneven push ups. Is this enough to get a good rounding of strength or would I need to include specific work on areas like grip? Or can that be held off until I am at a more advanced stage?

Robby Taylor

That’s probably fine strength wise, I wouldn’t worry too much about things like grip strength until a little later. It’d probably be more beneficial to add more movement in to help lose weight. It doesn’t have to be too complicated, simple burpees or jumping jacks can go a long way. Jumping rope can be great because it will tire you out a lot faster than jogging, which will save time and boost your metabolism more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.