Pull ups

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Th3Pr1de

Hey guys, great community you have here. I’ve found a ton of information here, it’s really got me into Calisthenics and bodyweight specific training. I’ve done weight work and various other training regimes in the past, but haven’t done anything in the last two years… needless to say, now I need some work.

Anyway, I’ve been doing bodyweight stuff for about two weeks now and want to start an actual regime of sorts. I’m going to start Al’s Intermediate 5×5, I’m fairly confident I can do everything else in there, but I know I’m going to fall short on the pull ups. Is it better for strength gains, if you cannot complete your set, to go up and do negatives or do kipping pullups?

Also, while doing the 5×5, I’m assuming it shouldn’t be done every day? I did a weight lifting 5×5 that alternated days, so I’m just assuming there. What could I do on the days in between to make sure I’m hitting all my muscles? Thanks guys!

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

If you can’t do 5 pull-ups in a row yet, just do as many as you can! If you do that workout every other day you should get to 5 in a row in a couple weeks. Feel free to do some yoga, go for a jog or jump rope on the days in between. We’re Working Out!

Th3Pr1de

Awesome! Thanks for the advice Al, loving your stuff!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.