One Arm Hanging Leg Raise

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! One Arm Hanging Leg Raise

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Antonio

Hey!!! I was watching some videos about the hanging leg raise and I saw some people doing a one arm hanging leg raise. I was wondering whether it’s a bigger challenge for the abdominals and the rest of the leg raise muscles, or just a challenge for your gripping strength??? I want to see if it could be used as a basic core exercise, like the leg raise, or if it doesn’t work the leg raise muscles the same good (full motion, etc), meaning that it cannot be used as a basic exercise.

Robby Taylor

Eh, it’s very cumbersome. I’ve not been able to do a full one arm hanging leg raise, I always get my legs to the L then it’s like I can’t activate my shoulder properly or something. The actual core strength is probably pretty similar to a two arm hanging leg raise, the difficulty comes in with the shoulder. Grip shouldn’t be too bad because if you’re strong enough to do a one arm leg raise then hanging from the bar with one arm should be easy.

If any of that is incorrect I’m sure Al will be able to correct me, seeing as he can actually do that exercise haha.

If you’re just looking for something harder than hanging leg raises to use as a ‘standard’ exercise, I would recommend developing the dragon flag, V sit, qnd/or stand to stand bridge. These skills are all great goals but will also build strength that is very applicable to other advanced skills. Any lever training would also be good (back lever, human flag, planche…).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.