new at calisthenics

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! new at calisthenics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    georgepask3

hello guys…i ‘ve been working out at gym but it get boring to me so i started with calisthenics..
    i can do 10 to 12 pull ups (perfect form)
    the program i use now is:
    1st day horizontal bar exercises(total 180 reps(5 exercises/4set each/9reps each set)
    2nd day dips/push ups and abs
    3rd day leg day
    4th day rest
    repeat…
    one friend suggested me that i should do less pulls up(for example 3 exercises with 4 sets)/push ups so i can do them the same day and almost every day

what’s your opinion? i would appreciate it..SRY for my english

Robby Taylor

I usually superset a pull with a push so that I can do both in the same workout without tiring out one or the other too much. If you pair the exercises well you shouldn’t suffer too much in either one and thus will still get a good workout. For example, I haven’t done muscle ups much since I’ve been getting decent with the one arm pull up, but when I did I would superset muscle ups with handstand push ups, and it would be fine. But when I would superset muscle ups with dips they just killed each other. However I could do muscle ups and pull ups in the same workout (sometimes I would pick a high and low level pull and high and low level push). Go figure. Just experiment man, but if you want to get better at the basics, the more often you do them the better (to a point). I would recommend 3-6 days a week, depending on your goals.

Robby Taylor

For example let’s say you want to superset pull ups and dips. Decide which you want to focus more on, and do a set of that exercise. Then do a set of the other. Repeat for the desired number of sets. Rest should be minimal but make sure your form doesn’t break down too much, so it’s OK to rest for a minute or two if you need to. If you want you can do something like wall sits or lunges in between each exercise so that your upper body actually gets more rest but you can work your legs a bit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.