Need help with nutrition

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Need help with nutrition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    paoline410

Hey I am coming off of bodybuilding and all I know is the broscience way of eating and was wondering if its the same way to diet for calisthenics? Like do I have to figure out my macros? Do I have to consume 1-1.5g of protein? How many carbs and fats should I consider? If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated!

paoline410

Thanks a lot for replying! So I really don’t need a limit on calories then or have to measure how much protein, carbs, or fats? This will most definitely take some getting used to. I am going to check out that book too thanks again!

Robby Taylor

I think that, beyond generally eating healthy foods, the impact of diet is largely dependent upon genetics. I’m a naturally small, lean guy. I’m not personally concerned with fat:carb:protein ratios. If I were to try to gain weight, I would probably just eat more food with a focus on high quality proteins.

As for supplements, I sometimes have hemp protein, and I think vitamin k2 and hyaluronic acid supplements are probably helpful for bone and joint strength, long term. But yeah you don’t really need anything (except arguably a k2 supplement, as it is rare in practical dietary sources).

ankleweight

Dieting is pretty simple, if you’re looking to gain weight and put on some size you need to be in a calorie surplus. If you are looking to loose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit. Personally I am naturally a lean guy so I eat so I am at a calorie surplus so I can put on some muscle. However after a while I will get to the point where I am feeling fat, so I cut back a little on the calories that I am intaking and add cardio to my workouts.

Hashter
    Participant

I did few diets (“full” organic/natural, no carbs, fasting, calories deficit) and I think best way to eat is eat balanced foods focusing on proteins , have some time between meals (snacks are okay, but dont overdo it) and before sleep so your stomach get some rest and throught the night you can fast a bit.

If you wanna lose weight, just eat less, focus on less carbs and move more – maybe change training plan (more sets and reps or add cardio), take walk instead of bus, take stairs instead of elevator etc. If you wanna gain weight do oposite.

Also keep your diet simple and dont do some hardcore stuff, because it may be too much for you and you can fail (which kinda happen to me nowdays) and supplements like vitamins, minerals and joint/bone/tendon supplements are fine if you need them, but if you eating balanced food you should have almost everything. And of course go for less processed and more organic 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.