Need help on elbow lever

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Need help on elbow lever

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    terryfist

This is a weird case to me, I have no problem holding an advance frog stand and frog stand longer than a min. I think I have enough straight and bent arm strength and also balance for my elbow lever. However, I can only do my elbow lever when Im wearing a shirt or when im a bit sweaty, when im not my elbows just slip off. At first I thought its becuz of my form, so I hunched my upper back harder, tight core and maintain my hollow body better. I also stretch daily in order to improve my shoulder and overall flexibility. Still it slips off, need help.

terryfist

bump

Robby Taylor

Can you touch your elbows together? If so you should be flexible enough. This could be one of those instances that you need some assistance in person. I agree in that it sounds like an unusual case as you likely have met the prerequisites for it.

terryfist

Yea right? And I first did elbow lever was on the floor, never started it on a bench like Al said and now I cant do it on a bench at all..not even able to support myself with my elbow there. On floor, if im a bit sweaty and warmed up then i can hold it for at least 20 secs

Robby Taylor

You can always try it on a bench and let your legs hang, this way you can try to focus more on your elbow placement and see if you can figure out what’s going on. I’ve never had to pay much attention to this aspect of the elbow lever myself, but perhaps think about trying to drive your elbows and arms inward/toward each other while performing the lever. Don’t actually do it of course but just remember to keep emphasis on that drive before they even start to slip out, and I think it should be a bit more workable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.