Need Advice. (Begginer Routine)

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Need Advice. (Begginer Routine)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gaviel

Hi Guys. Newbie here. I just started two weeks ago (with bodyweight training). For the last couple of months. I just jog every other day for like 30 minutes to lose a bit of weight. I did some push ups and sit ups every once in a while but never really put to much attention to them until a friend of mine suggested that I should do calisthenics. To make it short. I searched and watch videos and got inspired right away. My question is. I just put up a routine on my own mixing exercises that I can do in my room alone.Here it is:

Inclined Push Ups – 10

RepsLying Knee Raise – 10 Reps

Plank – 30 Sec

Bench Dips – 10 Reps

Squats – 20 Reps

Can’t do pull ups because I can’t find any bar here @ home that I can use. So I figured that I should stick to this for a while like a month or a couple or more if I feel like my body is not ready yet. Am I doing this right ? And can I do this everyday ? or should I do alternating days ? I do this 3 cycles btw with a 3-5 minutes rest between each cycle.

thanks guys!

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Hey Gaviel – That looks like a good routine to start with. You should read my books if you need a primer on how to proceed. I recommend starting with Pushing The Limits! 😀

Gaviel

Hi Al thanks for replying.

Your videos and articles are the one that inspired me to start calisthenics. As for the book. Yes, I’m definitely getting one before Christmas. Btw can I do this everyday? Or should I take an off if I feel even a bit of a sore muscle? Thanks and more power!

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Thanks! If you are sore, take a rest day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.