Making a balanced plan

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Making a balanced plan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Saxy Matt

Hello everyone! I’m new to this website but i have been lurking around and I have a question on making a balanced routine that won’t over work/develop certain bodyparts. I just read convict conditioning and am reading the second one, I’m doing the progressions but also adding in other things because of my activity level (I’m a senior in high school and on the swim team). Here is my plan so far:

monday: squats, lunges, GHR, and calf work

Tuesday: push-ups (archer, shuttle, diamonds, standard) and dips

wednesday: rest (I usually have play practice and show choir so I’ll be at school until 9)

thursday: pull ups, rows, levers

friday: bridge, grip work

Saturday: handstand, crow stand, elbow levers (working up to it)

Sunday: leg raises and L holds

let me know what you think about this, and also if there area aything I should add or take away, I don’t know if there is enough shoulder work. Thanks!

Robby Taylor

The only problem is, you’re only doing pulling and pushing each once a week, so your progress won’t come that quickly. It’s hard to do a lot of everything frequently, I understand. The thing is, people tend to recover from calisthenics more quickly than weightlifting. So you don’t need a day for each muscle group so that everything gets hit hard and also has time to recover. But there are a couple of easy solutions.

First, you can use the grease the groove method. Pick an exercise that you want to improve at. You said you might want more shoulder work. Have you attempted handstand push ups at a wall? If you can do these safely, you might want to do this exercise throughout the day.

Another option is to do more full body workouts, instead of just focusing on one exercise type. I will usually have an upper body pull, upper body push, and one or two lower body exercises. I find that I can hit each muscle group more frequently and ultimately do more work. So, since you aren’t constantly doing push up variations, each set is more solid. Even though you’re not doing as many sets, it’s more than offset by the fact that you’re doing it for multiple days a week. Plus, as far as training your nervous system for skill building is concerned, it is better to do something more frequently.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.