L sits?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jf89

Are L sits more skill work or shouldit be worked in my strength routine?

jf89

Well ive started doing the start bodyweight routine and wanted to do skill work on my rest days. Holding handstands, L sits, elbow levers,crow stand and side crow stand ,building up to a min ,is there anything else i should add if my goal is just strength training ,i think one arm push ups and one arm pull ups are my goal any recomendations on what to add or anything i should change?but i doubt it’ll happen lol . So for general all around strength using mostly calisthenic exercises does this look like ok skill work routine to do on my rest days? Any

Oh, one arm push ups and pull ups should be in your strength training, although for one arm pull ups you could maybe start doing one arm hangs in your skill training and begin to work on pulling prep like just hanging and bringing your shoulder down.

Robby Taylor

The one thing I’d like to add to phil’s information is that, while advanced exercises can be broken down into skill and strength aspects, keep in mind that they are still intrinsic. That is, it’s not like you have the skill and then just build strength from there. As you continue to get stronger, your skill will become more and more proficient, which will manifest in further relative strength gains, which will give you more insight into the movement and thus improve your skill. That is why people who are really good at something really hard make it look easy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.