High Frequency Training

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! High Frequency Training

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bearaab

Had a quick scroll through and couldn’t find anything on the subject. Just wondered peoples opinions on it.

I had great success doing 5 sets of pull ups and dips 6 days a week before and I am considering giving it a go for pistol progressions. Broke my finger playing volleyball so I’m trying to use it to my advantage and strengthen my legs. I can do 50 deep squats and about 35-40 close squats but when it comes to pistols I can only do the negative to a high bench. Hoping with the high frequency I can conquer that. Ideally I would like to use the grease the groove method but that’s not an option due to work unfortunately.

Just wondered if anyone had experience doing high frequency training and if it worked for them?

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Keep your volume relatively low if you are going to train every day. The more often you train, the lower the intensity needs to be so that you don’t burn out. If you find yourself feeling sore or weak on a given day, then take a rest day. Let us know how it goes!

bearaab

Well I’m now 6 days in. Managed to find a bit of equipment at work to sit on to so I’ve been doing the grease the groove method. Been doing a set on both legs every hour I’m at work which equates to 10 sets. Been doing sets of 5 and they’ve been getting easier every day. I had someone watch me today and he said my form was looking a bit sloppy on the fourth and fifth rep so I’m going to take it down to sets of 3 next week and build up to 4 again eventually. Haven’t felt fatigued at any point though which has helped me get them done every day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.