Help With Program Please

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Help With Program Please

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heathen

I pulled or tore a muscle under my ribs earlier this year while bench pressing. After sitting around on my ass for six months I read Al’s book and started a full body program 3x a week. Mon-Wed-Fri I was doing 2 sets of squats, 2 sets of pushups, 2 or 3 sets of bridges. Ab work, handstands, and pullups seemed to aggravate my injury so I stayed away.

After two weeks I could tell I was over trained so I figure I’m either going too close to failure or my body needs longer rest periods. In the mean time I’ve been keeping the pushups and the squats to 1 set rather than 2. Seems to help, but is it optimal? I also had a few other questions:

I started doing pullups since my injury has calmed down more and I’m wondering how often to train them.

I’m thinking about incorporating deadlifts, military press, and maybe another pulling exercise(any suggestions?) what’s the best way to do that? Ab work and handstands still seem to aggravate my injury even after resting that long.

Thank you everyone, any info is greatly appreciated.

– V

Robby Taylor

obviously the most important thing is to mind that injury.

Pull ups if you want good results you will want to do them 3x a week but again take it easy. I would suggest Australian pull ups as a supplementary pulling exercise since it is easier than pull ups and may not aggravate your injury as much, yet it is also a great exercise in its own right.

Deadlift and military press are great lifts! If your goal is overall injury prevention, generally I would suggest focusing more on bridges sooner than adding deadlifts, but again whatever doesn’t aggravate your injury.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.