Hanging leg raises progression suggestions?

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Hanging leg raises progression suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Al and forum visitors

I am following the CC program

and I am in the final stages of meeting the progression standard of partial straight leg raises. The problem I have is that the next stage requires that the body is extended to its full length under the bar and I don’t fit under it. I am a pretty tall person 1,92 m and I can comfortably reach 2,40 which is the height to ceiling where my bar is attached. I would like to do my leg raises hanging. And I would like to do them in my home where there are no alternative places to put the bar. Do you have any suggestions for alternative progressions of hanging straight leg raises under these circumstances?

Thanks in advance,

Mattias

Robby Taylor

Yes sir, simply keep your legs and arms straight yet do not fully extend your hips at the bottom.. What I mean by this is, as you lower your legs from the L position, only open the hip angle enough so that your feet are just off of the floor but stop before they touch the floor. This will be your bottom position in this circumstance. It is not really detrimental, just a tad cumbersome, because the difficulty in the movement of course is when your legs are raised.

Hi Robby!

Thank you very much for taking time answering me. This advice makes sense and I will follow it when time comes.

/Mattias

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.