Give Children A Place to Play!

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Give Children A Place to Play!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robby Taylor

Hey guys,

I’m running a fundraiser for the charity kaboom! Their mission is, quite simply, to build playgrounds for kids; it’s one of my favorite charities. I’m trying to raise $1,000 on crowdrise.

To promote this fundraiser, I will be doing a 1,000 rep challenge on a Saturday in August (I haven’t determined the exact date yet, it sort of depends on my work schedule). I will be doing 250 pull ups, 250 dips, and 250 one leg squats per leg. I intend to do various grips for the pull ups, full ring dips for the dips, and a 1:1 ratio of pistol squats and shrimp squats.

I also plan to stream the entire thing, but we’ll see how that works out. I definitely want to stream at least part of it.

J-Lewt

Madness I say! 1,000 reps of those exercises is just insane. I hope you are able to meet your goal both monetarily and rep wise.

When I get paid on Friday I will donate.

Robby Taylor

I know it’s a bit late, but thanks for your donation man!

J-Lewt

No problem. It is a worthy cause and a pretty cool challenge. Lots of luck!

Robby Taylor

I don’t know why I didn’t update this thread, but I just finished my rep challenge about 30 minutes ago; it took about 3 hours 15 minutes! Unfortunately I haven’t met my goal; I really should have finalized the details of this event sooner and promoted it better. Oh well, next time will be even better!

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Congrats, Robby! I’m sure you’ll do a better job with the organizational end next time. As I always say, the first is the worst!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.