Frog Stands – Starting Out

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Frog Stands – Starting Out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Les Flack

Hi Al,

Just recently purchased Pushing the Limits and really love the book. Has totally inspired me to keep going with my weight loss and stick to a leaner frame rather than going for some bulk.

In regards to Frog Stands, I see two variations on how these are done:

1) Knees resting on the triceps just above or on the elbow joints

or

2) Knees resting on the outside of the elbow joints

Is there preference to either or is one a progression to the other? I am a little confused and want to work on getting this right so I can progress to Handstands later on.

Cheers

Les

Robby Taylor

The second one is easier. The last progression before tuck planche would be with your knees directly on your elbows and your arms straight…although I still find it way easier than the tuck planche.

Les Flack

Thanks Robby.

Will plug away at knees on outside of elbows then progress when I can do 3 x 30 sec holds.

Cheers

Les

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Good question, Les! I plan to include a more detailed breakdown/progression for this move (and lots of others!) in my next book, tentatively set for release in 2015.

Basically the more contact you have between your arms and legs, the easier the move becomes. Also, the more you bend your elbows, the easier it will be. So the most regressed version is with a deep elbow bend and lots of arm and leg contact, the most advanced version is with the elbows locked and very little contact between the arms and legs, which eventually becomes the tucked planche, which is quite advanced as Robby mentioned.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.