Exercise/Ab Wheel

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Exercise/Ab Wheel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    How demanding is it to use the wheel? Starting on your knees first, not feet. I was thinking it might be a good exercise to include or swap in occasionally with other core work. I’ve tried to get a sense of how demanding it is but it’s difficult without actually having one. Maybe there’s a rough equivalent like x amount of leg raises or x minutes of plank means you’re ready.

Robby Taylor

Ab wheel on your knees isn’t too bad, if you can do a full hanging leg raise with your legs straight you should be able to do a rollout from your knees pretty easily. I remember I could do rollout from my knees without any training, but it took me one to two months before I could get a hanging leg raise. Rollout from standing is a totally different beast though.

Matt
    Participant

Ah, cool, might give it a go in the future. Still doing lying leg raises, don’t have the endurance in the arms yet to move to hanging knee raises.

Would you use the ab wheel in addition to leg raises, planks etc. or swap them out occasionally?

Robby Taylor

Well those are all good core exercises, it really comes down to preference and how much intensity you want. Roll outs can potentially be risky for the lower back, if you aren’t ready for it. I personally have used the ab wheel as a skill test, but I rarely have incorporated it into my training directly.

Matt
    Participant

I’ll try it out at some point, but I’m in no rush. I used to focus soley on pull ups but I’ve started alternating between them and chins from workout to workout. I’ve reliazed it’s a lot of fun just having that little bit of variety, so maybe the ab wheel will be fun to throw in every now and then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.