Effects of not working out as often?

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Effects of not working out as often?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    skinny92

Hey everyone, I recently had to cut down on my workouts ALOT due to work (I work 80 hours a week now). I can now only work out 2 times a week, I use to work out 5 times a week. I know this question is probably redundant but I wanted to know, if you drastically decrease the number of times you work out a week will it have a drastic negative result on your progress, performance, and size. I just started working these hours last week and on the two day I were off I was still able to do my normal routine, which is this.

•10 pull ups
    •20 push ups
    •15 dips
    •20 dumbbell rows (20lb, don’t have a low bar)
    I do the this for five rounds. Directly after this I do my core work which consist of this.
    •60 leg raises
    •60 leg extension crunches
    •60 leg extensions
    •60 crunches (with my at a 90 degree angle)
    •30 ankle touches
    •60 abdominal twist.
    I can do a free handing handstand and hold it for 20+ sec, I can do freestanding handstand push ups (5 reps for now), I can do 50 regular push ups straight with ease, 50 diamonds push ups with ease, l sits, v sits, and about twenty pull ups straight (full rang of motion/lock out). I really have no time in between jobs to workout. When I get home at night it’s around 10:45pm-11:20pm. Does any one have a quick workout that would take like 15-20mins? I was thinking of doing 100push and 50 dips every night on the day that I work and do my regular routine on the days I’m off.

Robby Taylor

It is possible to maintain a high level, and I have a possible solution. Firstly, especially with time restrictions, you should be doing much more work in less time, so use your more difficult skills as exercises. If you can consistently do sets of 5 freestanding handstand push ups, that would be great to base a routine around. If you have to though, just use the wall. Perhaps even better, though, is you’re doing waaaaay too many reps for your core. You should do harder stuff like V sits, full hanging leg raises, and dragon flags because you will be training more for strength. The great thing about it, though, is that you will be saving a ton of time on your core work which can go to other aspects of your training. If you can’t already, I’d suggest training for the stand to stand bridge and the one arm pull up. Also, pistol squats.

A good, quick workout could be like this:

Handstand push up

Pistols on left leg

Pull up or hanging leg raise

Pistols on right leg

Then do bridging as a warm up or cool down for a few minutes. This will allow you to hit pretty much everything pretty well, and you get a bit of rest by rotating between muscle groups, so it will be easier to minimize rest times.

izzyRANDALL

The more intensely you train (especially with low reps), the less you ought to (or will want to)…

Also negatives require more recovery time, and doing stuff with one arm is a great way to do them (watch the elbow joints).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.