Convict conditioning

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Convict conditioning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    amar654

Hello all, I got Convict conditioning one and two, and so now i am starting to base a program around it. I wondered if anyone got great muscle gains from it? I don’t want to look like a giant bodybuilder, but I want that body that makes women swoon. I plan on adding weights as well though, through my lifting class. My weight work I will be doing is dead-lift, power clean, and bench, heavy for all, as well as biceps, bu my main workout will be calisthenics. I just want to know how much muscle people gained from just convict conditioning.

Robby Taylor

It’s difficult to say for sure how much muscle gain to expect from doing CC exclusively. There are other critical factors such as nutrition, sleep patterns, and genetics that must be accounted for. Besides that you’re lifting as well so it still isn’t the same.

In any case, don’t worry about it too much. Assuming you are dedicated to your training and maintain a healthy diet and get enough rest, you will gain muscle and get lean. Beyond that, how lean and muscular you get depends on genetics.

I recommend you download the Convict Conditioning Ultimate Bodyweight Training Log.

http://www.dragondoor.com/b67/

Aside from being a good log book, it expands upon CC, providing some nice sample workouts and many useful pieces of training information. Plus, it’s free for the rest of the year!

gettingon

Wow, thanks Robby, that’s a deal even I can afford!

OP – I’ve been doing CC after some years of on-again-off-again weightlifting and I’ve made better gains since starting with it less than a year ago. Lots more muscle on my upper legs and lower back even though I’m still mostly at early-middle steps.
    However if you want a body for impressing women then you need to put as much focus, if not more, on diet than training. A lean hard-looking body is more appealing to women than big muscles (of course you have your outliers like in anything), big guns are more for impressing the bros. And since there’s always the possibility of a bigger or leaner and stronger guy walking into the same room as you (and your girl), it might not be a bad idea to develop some other part of yourself as “an attraction” that not every other guy can do 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.