Concurrent Training

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Concurrent Training

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    benf392

Hey! I’m new to this site so I’m sorry if I’m doing something wrong here. I checked search results and FAQ and couldn’t quite find what I was looking for so here it is. I really like the articles on including running and swimming in training programs. I’ve been working on progressive bodyweight training for some time now and have really wanted to start including running in my program. What I’m worried about is that all/most of the research I have seen suggests that my strength gains will be limited by the effects of running. Most of the studies use high-resistance weight training as their strength component. I can go on and on about my confusion on this topic, but the ultimate question is: if I combine running with bodyweight training, will I limit my strength gains?

benf392

Okay cool. Thanks for the response. I’m training for the military so I need to run. Currently, I’m following the Convict Conditioning progressive bodyweight program. A more exact way of phrasing my question is: if I work to push myself as an endurance athlete, will I still be able to progress through CC exercises? Or is it likely that I’ll stall or move very slowly through it?

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

If you practice two separate disciplines like running and strength training, it is still possible to progress in both, though progress may happen slower than if you focused solely on one or the other. Regardless, you can still improve at both if you are consistent and dedicated in your training.

benf392

Awesome! I’ll give it a try and try to pay close attention to my body and progress as I go.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.