Calisthenics beginner routine

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Calisthenics beginner routine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    agostino943

Hi, I’m Agostino and I’m new to this forum. I recently discover calisthenics and I need your advice to design correctly a simple routine:

I started with this:

1. Pull Ups

2.Push Ups

3.Inverted Rows

4.Dips

5.Squats

For each exercise I pick the variation that allows me to fatigue beetween 6-12 reps for 3 sets (5 for squats) and when I can comfortably perform more then 12 reps for each sets I pick the harder variation (because my main goal is gaining mass). Now, I can do this fullbody routine only 2 times per week because of muscle sorness, it’s enogh? Or I should split in upper/lower?

Thanks for answers and advice and sorry for my english 🙂

Robby Taylor

Hi Agostino, and welcome to the forum and the exciting world of calisthenics! The exercises you chose are excellent, and I think you can only do them twice per week because you are still starting out. Before long you will recover more quickly and be able to train 3 or more times per week without soreness. You can also try splitting it up and do pull ups and push ups one day, then rows and dips another day. I personally suggest doing a full body routine, but if you want you could do a third day of squats and planks or leg raises. At this level, it is a good idea to do a dedicated abdominal exercise, and at any level, I suggest bridging!

In any case, it sounds like you are off to a great start!

agostino943

I train abs too, I’ve simply forgot to write them 🙂

6.Hanging knee raises

Three sets and when I reach 12 reps for each set I’ll pick the harder variation, maybe I can add something like 3 holds of 30” of bridging (and progress when I can do them easily).

Thanks for your answer 🙂

agostino943

So do you think that I can gain muscle mass by doing this routine three times per week while progressing in the exercises?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.