calisthenic routines at the gym?

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! calisthenic routines at the gym?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jf89

I always hear people talking a a gym free workout or home workout with only bodyweight exercises but what able bodyweight routine being done mainly at the gym using some of equiptment that aids in calisthenics like assisted pull up machine ,dip machines ? And tips on incorperating them into progressons. …..sorry about the spelling my phone is kinda a a**hole as of late lol

Robby Taylor

Machines that assist you like the dip machine are not ideal. It’s kind of like the difference between a standing or a seated overhead press, or using a Smith machine vs free weights. If you aren’t strong enough to do pull ups, for example, try a regression such as flex hangs or negatives, and/or an easier exercise like Australian pull ups. This approach should get you better results overall than using machines like the ones you suggested.

However, there are some free weight exercises that are worth doing, much more so than the machines you asked about. Deadlifts, squats, standing overhead press and barbell rows are all awesome exercises that are of particular benefit for calisthenics athletes. There are other worthwhile lifts, of course, but these are all technically pretty simple and quite compound.

jf89

Makes sense ,i can do 3 full pull ups at almost dead hang and 12-15 push ups after i get to 5 pullup and 30 push ups imm gonna start.A progression program ,i wanna stear clear of free weights for awhile ,I’m wprking a hard labor job wth a lot of hours and wanna stick to bodyweight for awhile ,I’m gonna try a mixture of al kavaldos beginner stuff and the stsrt body weight routine….thanx for the help and not responding wth bs like most forums talking about calisthenics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.