body weight vs weights

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! body weight vs weights

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Myles

hi people I am addicted to bodyweight training I even do it at work in my break times recently a couple of the guys that workout with me introduced weights into our crazy workouts at work and although I am pretty strong with all the bodyweight stuff I found myself struggling with 10K weights after a few reps. Should I start mixing my bodyweight with weights or will bodyweight alone get me strong 🙂

Robby Taylor

Bodyweight alone will get you strong but there’s nothing wrong with adding weights to the mix. Often you will find that adding weighted exercises will help you get stronger, especially if the exercises are movement patterns that you are neglecting in your other training.

Myles

thanks for the advice Robby I added weights in to my routine today 10k but only managed low reps I thought I would be strong at bicep curls as I am fairly strong at pull ups but that doesn’t seem the case also I find weights very boring 🙂

Robby Taylor

Biceps curls are not something I’d recommend unless you’re an advanced athlete who is lacking biceps strength for another exercise(training one arm pull ups, for example), or need to rehab the muscle, or unless you just want to. You’re much better off doing compound lifts, such as a standing shoulder press, deadlift, Turkish get up, or squat.

But I agree with you, bodyweight training is more fun!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.