Beginner Musscle up

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Beginner Musscle up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

What are the absolute must do exercises for a newby, who’s goal is to be able to do at least one musscle up in perfect form?

And trying to set realistic goals, is there anyone who can give an approximate timespan on starting with calisthenics and being able to do a musscle up?

Really want to achieve this, but also want to set realistic target dates to keep motivated and continue on setting new ones.

Thanks

Robby Taylor

At the least, you will want to practice pull ups dips and hanging leg raises. I also suggest rollovers and muscle up negatives. Id say a reasonable timeframe to get a muscle up for someone who is reasonably fit starting out and pretty dedicated is 2-6 months. Could be longer, or even shorter. So don’t get too set on a deadline. I think I was training for about 5 months before I got a muscle up on rings.

Marc
    Participant

Thanks Robby,

Not set on a deadline that much, just trying to figure out some timeframe’s and goals that are realistic.

Thanks for the reply and the tips, appreciate it.

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

In case you missed it, one of my most popular blog posts to date is about getting your first muscle-up. Take a look: http://alkavadlo.com/bootstrap/2011/02/16/getting-your-first-muscle-up/

Marc
    Participant

Thanks Al,

I will master it one day.

Thank you both for taking the time to respond Al and Robby.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.