Another Beginner Needing Advice

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Another Beginner Needing Advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gauntc

Hello all,

My name is Corey and I’m just getting into bodyweight training. I’ve been trying to do some research to start building a routine for myself, but I think I’ve just been confusing myself. One thing that I know about myself is that I struggle with push-ups (maxing at around 10-12). With abs, I can plank for around a minute and a half. I honestly don’t know where I’m at with squats, and I haven’t done any variations of pull-ups in a long time. What sort of routine should I be looking into and how often should I do this in a week? I know these are rookie questions but that’s what I am right now.

Also any advice on goal setting would be appreciated as well.

Sorry for this long winded post! I just know that y’all will be able to bestow some knowledge.

-Corey

Robby Taylor

I’m actually writing an article soon that addresses a lot of these issues!

Essentially, do your push ups in sets of 8-12, and I would suggest Australian pull ups, side planks, whichever lunge or squat variation feels good, and don’t neglect bridges!

Al Kavadlo
    Keymaster

Hey Corey – Welcome to the wonderful world of calisthenics! You should check out my book Pushing The Limits – it will give you tons of ideas for your training.

http://www.dragondoor.com/b69/?apid=4e8cb1ea167b0

-Al

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.