Aerobic Conditioning

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! Aerobic Conditioning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    v6chri

Hey guys,

is it possible to increase aerobic capacity just by doing BWE?

I need a better cardiovascular endurance for my other passions Motocross and Enduro.
    especially for Enduro, where you are riding over hours through the woods, in summer with protective wear, you often fall down, lift the bike up, all the time you are sitting down and standing up to overcome obstacles, you are all the time working on the bike, all the time Body tension….JFYI

But i don’t want to go running because i have problems with my knees….

HIIT circles, i think, just improve my anaerobic capacy… right?

What do you think about it?

any ideas for me?

KR

Christopher

Robby Taylor

Jump rope, jumping jacks, low jumping jacks, swimming, jump squats, running in place (high knees)…is that the kind of thing you’re looking for? I would also do a basic strength training workout if you’re going to be lifting bikes up and such for hours; at least pull ups dips and some kind of one leg squat. Core strength sounds important here to so L sits should fit the bill.

v6chri

Hello Robby,

Thanks!

Yes, i know. And i also do a strength workout. I am just building my own backyard pullup and paralell bars 😉

But my question is. How should an aerobic conditioning workout look like???

I do now also hiit circles. But in my opinion this is anaerobic conditioning…???

you know what i mean???

to simplify the question. what can i do, to get the same results as i get from slow steady state running??? if this is even possible…

Robby Taylor

By circles do you mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-tnjodvGc

those are really hard…yeah that’s anaerobic for sure haha.

I think most of the exercises I listed in my last post can be done as an aerobic exercise, but unless you’re trying to be super hardcore I think low jumping jacks and squat jumps would be too taxing. Although it would be pretty damn impressive to see someone jump rope for 30 minutes (with both legs together jumping at the same time).

I dunno, try jumping jacks for 15 minutes and let us know how it goes! Not sure how that would be for your knees, which is why I recommended swimming. Try swimming for 30 minutes straight, that would definitely be a great aerobic workout and would save your knees. Also it’s obviously a great way to stay cool in the summer months.

You could also try get ups (just lie on the floor and stand up, then repeat) or burpees (you don’t necessarily have to do a jump or a push up during the burpee; this would allow you to do it for a longer time with less intensity).

Sorry if this isn’t really what you’re looking for, aerobic training really isn’t my thing. Al will probably have better advice since he’s done a marathon and a triathlon.

I can tell you this though: one of my friends at work had a promising boxing career in his youth, and he tells me his favorite exercise for general conditioning in boxing is distance running.

Robby Taylor

Yeah, there will be some carry over, most notably to lung capacity I believe. Also if you get good at sprints I imagine running distance will be less likely to make you cramp up.

The bottom line though is that aerobic training, by its nature, requires time to train. If you try to do it in less time, you must increase the intensity proportionately for a similar workload. And eventually you cross over into anaerobic training. If time is an issue then I’d suggest something that you can literally do on the spot, so as to minimize excess time (stretching, changing clothes, etc). If its boredom find something fun. You may want to try parkour, if there’s a suitable place to do it.

v6chri

Ok thanks Robby,

thats the same i was thinking about.

endurance comes from Long work…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.