5×5 workout

Home Page Forums We’re Working Out! 5×5 workout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bearaab

I’ve recently taken to doing the 5×5 workout. Been doing Al’s intermediate variation. I’ve been enjoying it as I like to workout every day and because I’m never going to max reps I feel fine to do so. I just wondered how other people do this workout? I like to leave long rest periods so I’m fresh on every set but Al does them all with no rest in his video. I suppose this would make it a strength and conditioning workout rather than solely strength? I’m looking tomget more conditioning into my workouts but don’t want to sacrifice my strength gains and I enjoy the 5×5 style a lot more than any other workout I’ve done.

Robby Taylor

Well, you said yourself you’re not going to max reps. I don’t think Al did 5 total sets of all of these workouts at that pace. It is encouraged to take longer rest periods in order to focus on strength. But you should still try to be fairly expeditious, especially if you want some conditioning. In your case, do the same rep scheme, but go faster. Since you’re not going all out in 5 reps,you should be able to get through at least an individual set (with long rest periods between sets) without too much problem.

bearaab

Well I’ve been doing the 5×5 for the past 2 weeks at at a much faster pace. Been doing it 4 times a week along with 2 organised circuits during the week as I’m in the military. Found it really hard at a faster pace at first and was having to leave huge rest periods between circuits otherwise my pull up firm was suffering. After 2 and a bit weeks I’ve knocked off about 5 minutes from the workout and I’m finding it a lot easier. Can definitely feel my fitness improving. Been doing some sets of burpess at the end as well just for an extra bit of fun.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.